You can perform the Linksys Router Login in two ways:
- By using the router’s default IP address.
- By creating a Linksys Smart Wifi Account.
This guide will show you how to login to your router by using both the methods. So, follow the below-given procedures for Linksys router login.
How to Login into Your Router Using the Router’s IP Address
You can use your router’s default IP address for the Linksys router login. The first step is to link your computer to the router. For that, take an appropriate network cable and attach it from your computer to the router. So, follow the step-by-step procedure for login to your Linksys router:
- Begin the procedure by opening a web browser.
- Now, type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar. This is the default IP address of your Linksys router. But if you are unable to access the Linksys router login page, reset the router by pressing its reset button. Wait until the LED light of your router flickers.
- On the login page, type admin in the password field given under the “Access Router” section.
- At last, click on the Sign In button in order to login to your Linksys router. After signing into your account, you can configure all your router settings. This concludes the Linksys router login process from the first method.
Steps To Create a Linksys Smart Wifi account
You can use your Linksys Smart Wifi account to access your home network from anyplace, at any time, even from your mobile device. You can easily connect multiple devices, enable parental control features, get access to smart wifi apps and more. So, follow the detailed procedure that is given below for creating an account:
- Launch a Web browser: First and foremost, you need to open an internet browser on your device. You can access Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc. as per your choice.
- Access Linksys Smart Wifi Login Page: After that, type linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar which is positioned at the top of your screen. Then, hit the Enter key from your keyboard. By doing so, it will take you to the linksys login window.
- Create Smart Wifi Account: Now, place your cursor on the Create Account tab which you will get at the top-right side of the window. Now, you will be asked to fill all the mandatory and compulsory fields for creating an account.
- Provide Your First Name: In the very first field, enter your first name correctly.
- Last Name: Type your last name into its particular field.
- Email Address: Now, users will be asked to provide an email address to get important updates and emails from Linksys.
- Retype Email Address: Certify your email address by typing it again into the next field.
- Create a Password: Now, you have to set a password for secure access to your account. Make sure that your password must be difficult to guess but memorable. Also, consider all password requirements while creating a password: The password must contain between 8-128 alphanumeric characters, including both the uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Confirm Password: After that, you will have to re-input your password into the next field for verification.
- Linksys Terms and Conditions: Now, carefully review the Linksys End-User License Agreement and Privacy Statement documents. Once you have read all the terms, go back to the account creation window. If you agree with the conditions, select the checkbox of terms and conditions.
- Also, tick the given checkbox to receive all the important and latest updates.
- Linksys Third-Party Licenses: Now, go to the bottom-right corner of the page and read the document of the third-Party License link.
- Select Your Preferred Language: Now, change the default language according to your preference.
- Once you have entered all the details, hit the Create My Account tab. Now, you will receive an email from Linksys to confirm your account. This completes the account creation procedure and now you can move forward with the Linksys Router Login process.
Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router Login
Check the connection between your computer and the router. Make sure that it is well connected. Then, follow the below-mentioned instructions for Linksys router login:
- Access the account confirmation mail: Open the confirmation mail provided to you after creating an account. So, open your inbox folder and search for the “Linksys” mail to activate your account. If you do not find the mail in the inbox folder, check the mail in the junk or spam folder. You can also navigate to linksyssmartwifi.com by typing it in the address bar.
- Now, it will take you to the Linksys Login window. For Linksys router login, you need to provide your registered login credentials into their respective fields.
- So, type your email address into the first field that is linked and associated with your Linksys Smart Wifi account.
- In the next field, enter the password that you have used at the time of Linksys Smart Wifi account creation. But if you have forgotten your login password, click on the Forgot Your Password link given there. Then, pursue the on-screen instructions to reset your password.
- In addition, tick the “Remember Me” checkbox to keep your login credentials saved. Now, you will be directly signed in to your account without providing your log in details.
- At last, press the Sign In button.
- Now, the Associate Your Router window will be displayed on your screen. You have to link your router with the Linksys Smart Wifi account to manage or change your router settings.
- Hence, enter your router password and click on the OK button.