Linksys Wifi Extender Setup
Linksys Wifi extender provides an easy way to expand the wireless network all over the home or office area. It receives the signal from the router and sends it to your device by reducing all kinds of obstructions.
Users can connect multiple devices such as a computer laptop or mobile to the extender and spreads the network everywhere. The below-given guide will give you a step-by-step procedure for the Linksys Wifi Extender setup.
Benefits of Linksys Wifi Extender:
- Conver all the dead zones and areas that have no internet connectivity.
- With its spot finder technology, it suggests the best location for your extender to receive a speedy and fast internet connection.
- Cover up to 10000 square feet area.
- You can connect a gaming device, streaming player or smart TV with the help of an ethernet cable.
- Hassle-free Linksys Extender setup
Process 1: How to setup Linksys Extender using the web-based setup page?
- Turn on the extender by connecting a power cable from your extender to the electrical board.
- Now, make a connection between your wireless devices such as a computer, laptop or mobile device and extender. So, plug the one end of the ethernet cable to the device and another end to the ethernet port of your extender.
- After linking the devices together, you will have to open a Chrome browser or any other browser according to your choice. Then, input extender.linksys.com in the address bar. On your keyboard, hit the Enter key.
- Read and accept all the terms and conditions of the License Terms. Also, tick the automatic software updates checkbox. This will make sure that you have the latest updates installed.
- In the next window, you will be asked to select your preferred wireless network that is in range. Once you have selected your router’s SSID, give your network password and click Connect.
- Now, set a new name for your extender so that you can easily configure it. After that, move to the next step for the Linksys Wifi Extender setup.
- Linksys recommends you to change the default admin password of the extender to secure your network from hackers and unofficial access. Also, you will be requested to confirm your password and add a password hint also. This hint will help you to regain your password if you completely forget it in the future.
- This finalizes the Linksys Wifi extender setup manually.
Process 2: Connecting Through WPS Button
You can install your extender by pressing the WPS button on your extender first and then on the router in a period of 2 minutes. You can assure the completion of the Linksys Wifi Extender setup by checking its LED lights. The indicator lights must be properly lit and stable.
Process 3: Link Your Extender with the Modem Using WPS PIN or Router’s PIN:
- Access a web browser as per your operating system.
- Move forward to the setup website. Type either extender.linksys.com or the default IP address i.e 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
- Once you have logged into the setup page, select wireless and then Basic wireless settings option. Then, proceed with the Linksys Wifi Extender setup.
- Now, users will be provided with two options– enter WPS pin into the second field, or enter the Router’s PIN into the third field. According to your choice, provide the PIN and click Register.
- The LED light will turn to solid green after the stable connection is established between your router and extender.
How to reset your extender if you face issues while setting up your extender?
You can reset your extender to its factory defaults if you are unable to set up due to any reason. So, carefully pursue the below-mentioned steps:
- Determine the reset button on your extender.
- Press and hold the button for 10 seconds or until the LED light beam.
- Now, release the reset button to change the settings to its factory defaults.