How to Configure Linksys Router Using Linksys Connect?
Linksys Connect is a software that provides you an easy way to set up and configure your linksys router. Below-given is the full-proof procedure to download the software and modify your router settings using Linksys Connect:
- Launch a web browser and visit Linksys Support Page:
The first step is to access a web browser that you prefer the most.
Proceed to support.linksys.com by entering it into the address bar.
On the Linksys support page, users will have to enter the product model number and then tap the search icon.
- Download the Software:
This will present you with another window. Click Download Software.
Check the hardware version given at the back of your router. If you are unable to find it, consider the hardware version as 1.
- So, make the selection of your hardware version and operating system, then click Download.
Linksys Terms and Conditions:
- Carefully analyze all the License agreement terms and conditions. Then, click I Agree.
- Linksys Connect software download begins. When done, double-click the setup file for the software installation and Linksys Extender Setup.
- Run the Setup File:
- To extract the files, hit the Run button given in the Security Warning pop-up box.
- Then, you will have to allow the software to make the required modifications on your device. For this, click “Yes” in the User Account Control pop-up box.
- This will display the main interface of the Linksys software. Review and accept all the terms, pick your language, then click Next.
- Connect router and select region:
- Associate your router with the modem for better speed of the internet. You can do this either by connecting an ethernet cable or connect wirelessly with the default router name.
- In the following window, make a selection for a region in which you reside. To move further, click Next.
- Change Router Default Settings:
- Linksys advise you to change your router default settings for securing your network from threats. Therefore, provide a unique name to your router. Generate a secure password that must meet the condition of 8-63 characters.
- Wait patiently till a stable internet connection is established. It will show you a Router Successful window. Click OK.
How to troubleshoot Linksys errors?
Sometimes you face different kinds of errors while setting up your router using Linksys Connect. So, here are some methods that will help you in resolving the issues:
- No internet connection is found:
In this case, you need to check the cables that are connected to your router. Reconnect the ethernet cable to your modem. Also, make sure that the cable is not defective from any ends. Then, unplug the power cable from the wall socket and plug it again. If the issue continues, try resetting your router.
- Cannot access your router: This error occurs due to the following reasons:
- If you are configuring your router settings from a device that is connected to a different network.
- In case, you have modified the router settings by accessing the setup page rather than the software.
- Or, you have changed the router settings using another computer in the network.
To solve this problem, you can manually connect your router to the network. But if the issue does not resolve, reset the Linksys to its factory defaults. For this, you have to press the reset button on your router until the indicator light blinks. Also, reinstall the Linksys connect software.
- Easy Setup Key is corrupted or outdated: If this error displays on your screen while installing your router, you are required to format the Easy Setup Key. So, go through the below-mentioned instructions for resolving this error:
- On your system’s USB port, insert a USB flash drive.
- Now, right-click the drive icon and it will show you an extended list. Select the format option.
- Format Easy Setup dialog box will come into view. Here you will see a field of “File System”. Click on the drop-down arrow key and choose your desired file format.
- Click on the Start button. With this, a pop-up box will be presented on your screen. Click OK to start formatting. When done, you need to create a new easy setup key.